8.14.2011

No. 8

... and long over due!


Fresh Flowers and Weddings


This weekend I had the honor and [really] the joy of doing the flowers for my friends Katie and Gabe's wedding. Katie pretty much gave me free reign to do what I wanted with a little direction here and there. But then said just make it beautiful and I knew, or should say hoped, I could do that! It was a pretty big job for being my first real flower gig. I have done my own parties before and been helping a wedding florist this summer with her jobs but never anything like this before!


I started Friday morning by picking up all the flowers from the wholesale shop. I am so thankful to have a great guy there who helped me find everything I needed and stay within my budget! Some how I managed to leave and not spend but $45 more than was given to me. And that was really things that had nothing to do with the cost of the flowers! Praise the Lord for that gift!


Then I headed back home to start working with the most beautiful flowers. Katie wanted a garden themed look so everything in the kitchen looked like it was freshly picked from the yard. Not to mention the flower selection in August is pretty stellar! I was nervous driving all those flowers home, but not one of them was lost in the journey! And my car smelled amazing the whole way home!


It was such a fun day! I was surrounded by some of the things I love the most-- flowers and had some of the people I love the most helping me. (Although they all might say it didn't always look like I was having so much fun, but in spite of my stress level soaring at times it was fun!) I was so lucky to have my Uncle Curt and our family friend Velve in town from NYC to help. Velve is a master with flowers and my uncle is super creative! Along with my mom and even a little help from my dad, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Eric! Everyone pitched in to make the work more manageable.


Everyone loved the flowers on Saturday and I have to admit it was so exciting to have my creations be a part of such a wonderful couple's special day. Thank you Katie and Gabe for letting me share my love and passion for flowers with you on your wedding day! And thank you family for all your help and encouragement in getting it done!!

No comments: