8.18.2011

No. 9

My Mom!

















Today is my mother's birthday and I could not think of a better way to honor her than to say how thankful I am for her.


The question is where to begin... my mom is a pretty amazing woman!


The first thing that always comes to me when I think about Mom is praying. If I ask her to pray about something I know she will be talking to the Lord about it. My whole life I have seen her taking things to the Lord in prayer. You name it, she would pray about. I am so thankful to have grown up seeing my mother pray and through that seen the wonder and power of prayer in my own life. Wow, what a blessing!


What else... we'll the woman knows how to shop! And boy does she love a good bargain. Now, I've seen my mom hunt for deals my whole life but somehow that gift just skipped right past me. But she will come over and bring me some amazing top, shoes, purse, or whatever that I would have spent way too much on and she'll have spent nothing on it, and it is cute! She is so good at that!


Besides being an amazing shopper she is also one of the most generous people I know. If there is something I need or something that I want but can't get it she will do everything in her might to get it for me. And not only that but there are so many times when she has had something cute on or a cool little something or another and if I even mention that I like it the next thing I know she is giving it to me! She is crazy generous!!


She is also an amazing listener. More times than there are stars in the sky have I called her needing to get something off my chest or cry about something or whatever it might be and she just listens to me. Now, she will always give me her opinion on the matter too, but that is okay, she is my mom.

And she is fun to laugh with! I love sharing my joys with my mom! There have been a few times this summer we have giggled like school girls together on the phone. What a blessing to share that with her!


There are so many more things I could say about my mom, but I'll just simply end by saying how very, very thankful I am she is my mother! You are a light and a blessing in my life!! Thank you for being you and helping me be me! I love you Mom!!

No comments: