1.22.2009

Wise Words...

I was talking with a client today and she shared something with me that I thought I ought not keep to myself.

I was asking her if her husband was very excited about the selections she was making for their new kitchen. She said he didn't really care, but she didn't mind that he didn't care. In fact, she was very happy to get what she wanted. Then she said this: I have discovered that most men, except for the very selfish ones, are really very happy if the woman in their life is happy.

WOW! do we really have that much power over men?

I never would have thought about this before. My dad is really the main man in my life and is generally a happy guy. So I was thinking about our relationship and when I really start to think about it whenever my mom or I would ask Dad what he wanted to eat or what he wanted to do he would always say "whatever y'all want." That would always drive me crazy. I just wanted him to decide for us. But maybe, just maybe he knew if we picked we would be most happy in-return making him most happy.

And we were generally very happy!

So, next time you are making plans with a fellow and he asks you what you want to do remember this little piece of advice and you'll both be happy!

No comments: