1.19.2009

We're Getting a Pool

In a few short weeks inside those white lines will be a glorious pool....
Until then we will be bombarded with bobcats, workmen, and dirt.
Whenever I tell people we are getting a pool they say, "aren't you excited?" and I usually respond with a plain and simple "No" I should be thrilled we are getting a pool. I have dreamed of having a pool as long as I can remember. So why I am I so not excited about this dream coming true?
I guess it has something to do with the West Wesley house (my home) being on the market. I've lived here for two years now-- sans a pool (that is without). And now that we are getting a pool there is a possibility we won't be here long enough to enjoy it. Someone else may get to enjoy my dream and I'll just have to wave goodbye...
But maybe this is how life goes sometimes... we have dreams and we have to share them with others. It isn't the end of the world, just the end of a dream. And really, it isn't even the end of the dream, it is the fulfillment of the dream just with a different ending...

No comments: