1.16.2009

A new year... hopefully a new me

Happy New Year!


Okay, I know we are 16 days into 2009, but honestly who can believe it! I know I can't believe it. I was under the impression we were still in the first full week of the new year until Wednesday when my boss asked for my hours to pay me. I couldn't understand why she was paying me on the 7th, when I usually get paid on the 15th... resolution #1: use daytimer more often!


So, I didn't really hop back on the blogging bandwagon back in June when I said I would... sorry charlie! But here I am, January 16th, 2009 and this time I am seriously going to keep this baby updated. Maybe I won't try to go so deep and it will be easier. Sometimes I may just post a fun photo or tell a funny story... resolution #2: update blog regularly!




If anyone is reading this blog-- great! A lot has happened since June 2008. I took the summer off. What a gift from the Lord! I was able to relax and enjoy life. I traveled and enjoyed being able to spend loads of time with my friends and family. It was wonderful! Then in August, right before Labor day, one of my dearest friends asked me to lunch and asked me if I would like to be her design assistant. I said "YES" and it has been the best thing ever!


WOW! God blew my socks off... I never would have dreamed I'd be in such a great job, not in politics, right now. The Lord knows what is best, don't ever let yourself believe differently! I could go on and on about this truth. He takes you down these paths you think are leading you one way only to surprise you when you end up somewhere totally different. A better place. A sweeter, more fulfilling place-- but maybe one we would have never gone ourselves... resolution #3: Trust in the Lord every moment of everyday, knowing He loves me and only wants the best for me.



"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





1 comment:

Coop said...

Glad to see you're writing again Melissa! I'm going to revamp my blog soon as well. Oh, and congrats on the design gig. Sounds like everything is going pretty well for you. ;)