1.29.2009

We All Have Dreams

Today I was in the office making copies, a very exciting job, when my boss lady said, "Someday I'll have a fancy copier." And then we just giggled and giggled...

Who dreams of having a "fancy copier"-- right? But I would dare to say the same people who dream of having their own business one day dream of having "fancy copiers" another day. It is just the natural progression of the dream. Once you have the business you need great, or "fancy" things to make it everything you ever dreamed of.


One dream builds upon another...

[I wonder what builds off of the dream of having someone iron your sheets for you?]


Right now I don't dream of ever owning a "fancy copier" or even owning my own business. I have other dreams. Dreams that if I said them aloud, like my boss lady did today, we would giggle about too. But they're my dreams and dreams come in all sorts of sizes. It is a beautiful thing!

I am reminded of a little quote that was inside an old journal of mine:

"Keep one still and secret place
where dreams may go
and sheltered so
may bloom and grow."

No comments: