1.26.2009

Here's Something...

On Friday I am going to NYC for a blind date!

You may ask: "why are you flying all the way to NY for a blind date?" That is an understandable question, one I might ask as well. Only folks, it's me! I love doing crazy things like this... so a better question might be: "how in the world did you get set up on a blind date in NYC?"

The easy answer is my uncle's assistant.

I met my uncle's assistant and her husband over Thanksgiving in Atlanta. And two weeks ago I received an email from my uncle with the subject title "FW: blind date." His assistant had a guy she wanted me to meet! It didn't take me long to decide that I shouldn't pass up this opportunity so I booked my flight and picked out a dress.

I don't know much about my blind date. I know he is tall-- yes! He loves dogs and is a great golfer-- yes! He is from Nebraska and works in finance-- yes! ...and really that is all I know. But I am okay with it.

I have never been on a blind date before. So, I thought why not go all the way and know as little as possibly prior to meeting. Hopefully, that will leave us with plenty to talk about on Friday.

Who knows, this could end up being one of the most fun dates I have ever been on... or the worst. But it doesn't matter! I am looking at it as another opportunity to trust the Lord and let Him work things out. I didn't have to do anything for this gift, He just placed it in my lap. So, I'm going to enjoy it and praise Him for it!

Think of me on Friday... and I'll keep you posted!


3 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

So exciting!!!

Sean said...

keep me posted... =)

Sean said...

oops, I'm signed in as Sean, but that comment was from me - haha!
Vanessa