5.11.2008

Girls and Shoes:: Boys and Guns

I love shoes! I bet most of my friends know this about me. One day I tallied up [roughly] how much I spent on all the shoes in my closet and let me just say it was more than I would like to admit to anyone reading this. But I think I am not the only girl who has this... hmm... problem.

I think most girls would at least admit they like shoes. A good pair of shoes can make you feel like the most beautiful girl at the party. Shoes are fun, they are cute, they can make you feel taller, slimmer, sexier, dare I even say more comfortable. I don't know what it is but something about them causes me to fall head head over heels in love.
I'd like to think I have a pair for almost any occasion. There are the work shoes. Casual shoes. Going out shoes. Getting dressed up shoes. Running shoes. Outdoor shoes. The really pretty but not very comfortable shoes. Shoes in every color and for every season.

I always wondered if guys had something that they could be so, might I say obsessed with. At one point I thought it might be cars, but really cars aren't like shoes. Most people don't have a car for every occasion. But this weekend I think I discovered what it is... GUNS.

Boys love guns! The look on my friend's faces when they were pulling out all of their different guns was priceless. They all had to hold each one and try them out. It was like me showing off a beautiful pair of designer shoes I found on sale for some ridiculously cheap price. Someone would ask to hold them or try them on.
I don't know how much a gun cost but I would like to think if one guy tallied up all his guns it would be more than all my shoes!
Maybe all guys don't love guns as much as my guy friends do, but I would like to think that any guy would feel more manly holding a gun. Nothing says "I'm a real man" like a guy with a gun over his shoulder or on his hip.
They had shot guns, riffles, pistols, hand guns... a gun to make you feel more powerful, stronger, taller, might I even say smarter. Guns for hunting, guns for target practice. Guns that are fast and guns that are precise.
A gun for any occasion, maybe not in every color.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.