5.13.2008

It's on the Tip of My Heart

OK, I guess you can call me cheesy. But I can't remember if Bebo Norman coined this expression or I did. I think Bebo did... I actually believe I coined the expression, which I doubt anyone really uses, it's on the tip of my brain.

I didn't come up with this expression because I'm so naturally witty-- No the truth is my brain often goes slower than my mouth and I couldn't remember the expression it's on the tip of my tongue. So I made up my own expression. This is something I have been doing for years. I remember the general idea of a saying or expression but I don't remember the particulars-- like the actual words that belong in the expression. So I express it as best I can in good old Melissa fashion. I guess you could call them "Melissaisms."

But I digress...

I haven't listened to Bebo Norman in a long while, but this morning I decided to put him on while I was getting ready. One thing I love about my i-Pod is that you can select an artist and it will shuffle through all their songs. I love the surprise in not knowing what song will be next. So, you guessed it: "It's on the Tip of My Heart" came on. And like a flood, everything I have been feeling for the past couple of weeks came out in a pretty tied up package.

Words have been on the tip of my heart but I haven't been able to get them out.

I know the Lord loves teaching us. So in His sweet, sweet way he reaffirms what He is trying to show me this morning by reminding me of a passage in Romans: In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. (8:26-27)

I don't have to worry! I don't have to fear! Even though I have a heavy heart full of questions I can't express and a desire for answers I don't need right now-- I don't have to fret. Instead I will Rejoice in the Lord always!

I love how the Lord will use anything and everything to bless our hearts just when we need it!

It's on the tip of my heart, the words to say
But I fall apart and I walk away
There's an angry world pressed against my back
And at every turn I keep looking back
And I know you promise me
Love through eternity
So why can't I just hold on

I want to live, I want to love
But I'm afraid my simple faith will never be enough
I want to laugh, I want to be set free
And let you hold all that my soul has deep inside of me
But I don't know where to start
It's on the tip of my heart

So would you take my hand, because I'm sinking in
To this life I've made, but don't understand
The clock moves so slowly, but time goes so fast
In this whirlwind world that will never last
This love you're giving me
It's not just make believe
Help me just to hold one
You open the sky, and open my eyes
And all my fears are scattered away
So I walk in grace, because I've seen your face
You are all that matters to me

So I'm gonna live, I'm gonna love
I'm not afraid because your grace will always be enough
I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna be set free
And let you hold all that my soul has deep inside of me
You have shown me where to start
It's on the tip of my heart

1 comment:

Jenny Fleming said...

Check it:

Freshman Year at UGA
iPod and earphones
Walk to class and the first song that always came on: "It's on the tip of my heart"

Whenever I think of that song, I'm taken back to those freshman dorm days of walking to class.

Thanks for helping me reminisce.