11.08.2011

No. 26

A Monday off...

Yesterday I had the day off! Now I groaned and complained that I had to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. It really wasn't that bad, but I managed to bemoan it all weekend long. Even working every day I still got to have breakfast with a friend, get my oil changed, go to another friend's birthday party, see my best friend from growing up and her family, sleep in and have a lazy evening at home. So for all general purposes it was a pretty nice weekend and at the end of it I didn't have to go to work the next day!

Normally, I do get up on Mondays and go to work and they are usually very stressful/full days. But this Monday was a real treat! I woke up, watched a little Regis and Kelly (haven't done that in ages), and then I started on a task I have been trying to start for months now: cleaning out my closet. Boy did it feel good to get started! Then I had a nice little break when my girlfriend and her sweet little almost four month old son came to pick me up and we went out to lunch. Now that was fun and such a blessing to see them! Then it was back to work on my room... and I actually made some really good progress! And the best part about the whole day might have been arriving at Bible Study on time and not exhausted. It was wonderful!!

So, I admit I complained way to much and honestly am so guilty of complaining way too often about stuff that really isn't a big deal. And working on Sunday was really a blessing because Lord knew I needed the extra hours! But I am very thankful for a glorious day off yesterday!

No comments: