7.30.2011

No. 2

Saturdays Off

Working retail means Saturday is a working day. I never really thought much about having Saturdays and Sundays off before I started my job at the Paper Affair. It was just the weekend. I guess I was usually thankful when it came around, but I'm not sure I truly appreciated it for all it was worth. Two days off, in a row, every week! Those two days are reserved for fun and sometimes errands... I think I wasted most of my Saturdays and Sundays when I had them every week. Now it amazes me how excited I am when I don't have to go into work on Saturday-and thankfully I almost never work on Sundays.

Today I had an unexpected day off and it was quite a treat! I awoke to no alarm clock, or rushing to get ready and out the door. Instead I sat outside, drank my coffee and read... I cleaned out some drawers in my room... took a nap... and I didn't rush at all!

Even though there are other great days in the week I have off and I am thankful for each and every one of them, I have come to appreciate the worth and gift of Saturdays off more than ever before!

No comments: