2.07.2012

An Avid...

Christian?

I've never thought to put those two words together. I just read through an email where someone called me an avid Christian. At first I thought, I am not an avid Christian. Runners are avid but not Christians, and certainly not me. I am not an avid Christian! I am very serious about my faith and it certainly isn't just a hobby that I am crazy about...

But then I decided to look up the definition of avid and found this: Marked by keen interest and enthusiasm; characterized by enthusiasm and vigorous pursuit.

Enthusiasm and vigorous pursuit?! Well, maybe I do want to be counted as an avid Christian! And I guess if I really think about it, avid runners are probably some of the best and most devoted runners out there. They know the sport, they enjoy it, and they are probably very good at it because they work at it daily and devote their lives to being the best runner they can be. So, to be an avid Christian certainly wouldn't be a bad thing! It would actually be an amazing thing! And that might just be one of the sweetest compliments I have ever received!

No comments: