9.02.2011

No. 13

Summer isn't over... and the beach is calling my name!

As I was sitting outside this morning I could see the leaves are beginning to fall and there is just the fainest hint of fall in the air. It is September second... but I am not ready for fall just yet! I know most people are ready to start wearing jeans and sweaters but I am thankful to have my bags packed for the beach, with little sundresses and swimsuits tucked neatly inside. I'm just not ready for this summer to be over!

Last year I guess I was just ready for summer to be over. It was a long, hard summer. And the fall brought with it hope. Hope for something new, life to be a bit easier. This year I am not sure what the fall will bring with it. I wouldn't mind if it brought along a little hope. But for right now I am thankful that in a few short hours I will be hopping in the car with three wonderful girlfriends and heading east to the beach to enjoy a few last days of summer fun!!

No comments: