7.15.2011

Summer Magic

Last night I was reminded of all the reasons why I just LOVE summer... the days are long, the sun is bright, and there is a little something magical in the air. Not the man-made kind that comes around Christmas. No, this kind can't be bottled up in a room spray or candle. You don't have to buy anything or pull out all your special decorations to feel it. It can only truly be felt by living and enjoying all the joys of summer!

I love to linger in the summer... everything moves at a slower pace in the summer [it is far too hot to rush from place to place] Even the traffic in Atlanta is lighter in the summer months. Plus there is no need to rush because you've got the whole summer to get it done! The best place to linger is always at the beach, soaking up the sun. Nothing is better than the beach! Lazy days, reading good books, eating yummy food and soaking up every square inch of sun that you can possibly take in. Vitamin D is so good for you!

But if you can't linger at the beach all summer long I love to linger with a friend over a delicious meal or in a comfy spot outside. There is little that is sweeter in life than being with a good friend, talking and laughing and summer just seems to add to the experience! And I love to stay up too late in the summer, particularly with a good book or friend.

Everything is just more fun in the summer! When you're a kid summer meant sleeping in, playing outside all day with your friends, or laying on the sofa watching too much TV. Friends got to spend the night any night of the week. And how can I forget no school, or homework!

Even as an adult I enjoy summer just as much. I still have to go to work and pay my bills... but I try with all my heart to not miss the magic that only comes this time of year!

No comments: