1.04.2010

Farewell Facebook, Hello Freetime!

Resolution #1 for 2010: deactivate facebook account.

I am sorry to see you go, but alas we must part. You have taken up too much of my free time and kept me from really knowing how my "friends" are doing. I get on and waste hours away looking at pictures, "checking up" on people, etc. etc. In essence, I use you for all the wrong reasons. You lead me to gossip, and think things about people, when I really have no idea what is happening with them-- I simply assume things based upon what I read and what I see.

No MORE!

I will admit you are not always bad. We have had some good times. You have help me reconnect with old friends, stay in touch with people I might have lost touch with, and because of you one certain person might have had a much harder time finding me (those of you who know what I'm talking about know how thankful I was for facebook that day!)... and for that I say thank you.

But we are through. I have given you up twice before, but this time it is for real. No more coming back in a few months, or sneaking on to see if so and so is engaged or had their baby yet.

This year I will truly check up on my friends. I will pick up the phone and call or email. I will send notes and letters. I will print out pictures for friends and share good news in person.

Good-bye my old friend. We have been friends for a long while now. Life will not be the same without you, but I do think we will both go on [and I for one will not look back]

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments: