6.17.2009

From 25 to 26

Tomorrow I turn 26 [long deep breaths]. I'm not really sure what to think about turning 26... I guess it really is just an arbitrary number, 26. It is an even number, which is nice and round, but the even numbers always seem less exciting to me [don't ask me why, it is just the way my mind works I guess]. Last year I couldn't wait to turn 25. When I was about to turn 25 I was excited, I'm not sure why I was so excited, but I was super excited! Right now I am excited to have a birthday. Birthdays are fun. But 26, I just don't know what to think...

I think there was something more climatic about turning 25... at least in my mind. I had decided 25 was a big deal. I'm not sure why, I honestly can't remember what I was thinking a year ago [oh my memory is already going... where was I?] I know it is a major "mile-marker" in everyone's life, but maybe I felt like I would finally feel like an adult at 25. Or my life was all the sudden going to make sense.

I'm not sure.

I can say if I thought my life was all the sudden going to make sense just because I was 25, man was I wrong. It probably makes less sense now then it did a year ago. I think life actually gets more complicated as you get older, not less. I wish I could elaborate on this thought more, but I still haven't figured it out... life is just a mystery. And there is really only one person who can guide you through: Jesus.

It is exciting to think that you can traipse through life's mysteries and never get lost when you're walking with the Lord! You can actually sit back, relax and let him lead the way.

So, while 26 may seem like a bit of a mystery to me, since I'm walking with a man who knows the way I think I'll be okay!

No comments: