6.09.2009

Find the Silver Lining

Nobody ever claimed this life would be easy. [and if they do, ask them what they're smoking...] Nor that we would have all the answers or even figure out half the things we try to figure out. But life can be good. We can have joy and hope. Not in ourselves, nope, but in JESUS!

My sweet dad called me this morning and shared this quote from Dudley Hall [I think that is his name?] with me, "Contentment in weakness is confidence in grace."  

Man, I have been feeling weak the past few days. But I can't say I've been feeling very content in it. In fact, I've been fighting the weakness trying to get it to go away... hoping I might feel whole again. My thoughts have been "get over it", "move on", certainly not "be content in it". Being content in your weakness means you've given up, but truly God's grace is right there when we are weak. He is waiting to save us from our misery.  His grace is mighty, which is way better than my weakness.

Jill Phillips has a song called Turn it Around. It has been oil to my dry bones  recently...

Everyone said its not a matter of if but when; Just keep believing; One day you'll feel sane again; In the waiting; somehow you gave my broken heart a way to mend.

The silver lining’s been a long time coming; Finally see the sun shining through the clouds; Shouldn’t be surprising that you could take something;Upside down; And turn it around

Patience is a virtue I don’t always have; But the truth is; You know what I need long before I ever ask

You brought me through; The darkest days to; The silver lining

No comments: