5.16.2008

Good News, Good News!

My prayer was answered yesterday!

I have been wondering for the past few weeks if today was going to be my last day at the Capitol but yesterday I found out I get to stay until the 30th of May. It is crazy how stressed out I had become over this unknown. I just kept asking the Lord for an answer... and got nothing in return-- well that isn't totally true...

He did answer me over and over again: just wait, I will take care of you.

I just never got the answer I wanted. Would I still have an income next week? I am so dense sometimes. I know the Lord is faithful. I know He isn't going to let me starve. I just wanted to be in the know.

He never gives us an answer before we need one-- Nope, He allows us to go through the waiting period so He can strengthen our faith and teach us to keep our eyes fixed on Him alone.

I don't know why I was surprised by it but He answered me just in the nick of time.

So for the next two weeks I am going to practice keeping my eyes firmly fixed on my Savior. I know He has the perfect job for me! And I have to believe my friend Nate is right, the Lord is preparing me for my next job and preparing that job for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo! Hey Melissa! Just red your past few blogs. Great to see what God is doing in your life. I know what it's like to be waiting as well - I'm waiting for some of the same things you are!! Life is crazy but I'm glad God's got a plan for all of us!
-Jennifer (Harris)

Sara Beth Stout said...

Melissa,
I just found your blog on your facebook page. I am so excited to be able to hear all about your life since we don't talk enough!! Love you!!

Coop said...

Man, it's amazing the issues that we all share...this is the exact thing I went through when I was graduating from college and job searching. But yeah...isn't it amazing how God works in those times? All the waiting is there just to strengthen our faith in him. So cool.